Tuesday 31 January 2012

4 unachievable cosplays.

I frequently see pictures of certain characters and feel the urge to cosplay them. Or I see pics of cosplayers and wish I could be as awesome as them. Sadly, for various reasons, there are certain cosplays I don't think I'd ever be able to pull off, regardless of how much I want to. I suppose it's always healthy for one to realise one's limits. Although there's only four on this list today - everything in moderation. xD





1. Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)



I love Ciel to bits, if you haven't noticed. I love his hair, his costumes, his stuck-up attitude. Plus I wouldn't mind being the 13-year-old ruler of both the toy industry and the Victorian English underworld. More often than not, I browse shopping sites for costumes and whenever I see Ciel's, I get all happy. But then I remember - I'm 170cm. He's like, 140cm or something xD. If I were to have someone cosplay Sebastian, they'd have to be 2m tall or more..... -_-;;




2. Kubinashi (Nurarihyon no Mago)



Kubinashi kicks ass, no doubt about it. I've always wondered how awesome it'd be to cosplay a character who kills his opponents with string. Now, I have no qualms to cosplaying males, and thankfully Kubinashi doesn't expose much skin. Really, the main issue is that...well...I have a neck. And I'm not about to lose it in order to cosplay him. This can probably be taken care of quite easily in photoshop for photoshoots and stuff...but it's not as cool showing up to a con dressed up as a neck-less character without the neck-less-ness....





3. Rem (Death Note)



No, not Misa (been there, done that) - Rem. Again, I've wanted to cosplay him/her/it ever since I first laid eyes on him/her/it. But it's a bit difficult to rearrange my anatomy to make my shoulders so ridiculously broad and my limbs long and...skeletal... Again, with enough determination and funds, I'd probably be able to do this cosplay. I just don't have either of those things at the moment.





4. Kau (Togainu no Chi)


Everyone's favourite masochist, Kau, is the last on the list today. You wouldn't believe how sad I was, when I first started playing this game, upon realising that Kau wasn't actually a main character. Seriously, I'm such a sucker for leather/PVC, belt buckles, zippers, etc. If I could find a way to cosplay him without it looking completely fake (like some cosplays I've seen), I totally would.

No comments: