Wednesday 25 January 2012

just a thought.


PSC recently posted a message asking people not to distribute any music, PVs or photos of their bands without permission.

I mean....seriously?

I can understand music and PVs...but...photos? Isn't that going too far? I mean, thousands of online fans use pics of these bands as their avatars/in their signatures. It's free advertising for them! The reason I know about Visual Kei at all is because of one photo I happened to find on Google image search (although for the record, it wasn't a pic of a PSC band). Plus, they're depriving the internet (i.e., the world) of a lot of eye candy. Doesn't anyone else think this is wrong? :(

What are they gonna do next? Tell people to stop cosplaying their bands too?

The thing is, with certain bands *coughAliceNinecough*, I have more photos of them than I have their music. Call me shallow, but tbh sometimes they look better than they sound. They're improving though. But with them, I'd rather sample their music via download first, then buy the single/album if I think it's worth it. The same goes with The GazettE, too. If I don't know whether or not I'll like the tracks on a CD, I'm less inclined to buy it. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who do this too.

Of course, this would all be remedied, and the world would be a better place, if PSC would just create a YouTube channel or something so that people could listen to their music without feeling like criminals. But I don't think they have. It would also help if their albums weren't so freaking expensive. I mean, I support VK artists when I can afford to, but it's such a costly habit... ;_;

I'm glad I got the Toxic and Gemini albums when I did though. Might be my last purchase from PSC bands ever, cos I'm stubborn like that. D:

Naww, I didn't mean that.........................................................................

By the way, I used the stunning picture above because it's not an official PSC photo and therefore I'm not getting into any trouble. It fanart of The GazettE by Alzheimer13 on deviantArt.

No comments: