Saturday 9 June 2012

5 music videos.



In all honesty, I don't watch many music videos. I never really have. The bulk of the videos for songs I listen to mostly involve the group in question dancing/singing/playing instruments, and not much else. It's such a shame because a lot of the time it's just wasted potential. There are so many possibilities but nobody seems to seize these obvious opportunities.

However, here we have music videos/MVs/PVs or whatever you want to call them, that have some sort of story to them, or at least a development of the ideas and motifs used. For this simple trait, they are all flippin' epic.

(By the way, the picture above is the best part of the Monster MV :D)




1. Alice nine. - Shunkashuuto


Starting off light-hearted. Frankly, I wasn't much of a fan of Shou's voice in this song. But the PV is adorable. Nao looks really good with glasses and no makeup... And Saga and Tora are such badasses. That's why I love them.

Moral of the story: Even if you're a delinquent, there's still hope for you. And don't make Saga mad.




2. Kagamine Len - SPICE!


I feel like it's cheating, to put a Vocaloid video here. But I couldn't resist throwing SPICE! into the mix. Though it's short, it gets the story across. And of course, it made everyone see how much of a player Len is. And how bad his sister complex is, too...

Moral of the story: Ironically, things/people that you sort of/don't really want will flock to you in droves, but the one you want above all else will remain just out of reach. :(




3. My Chemical Romance - The Ghost of You


Bah, I cried when I first watched this one. Some people sneer at me for liking MCR, but let them sneer. This video is full of things I love - angst, contrast between 'light' and 'dark' themes, symbolism, and men in makeup.

Moral of the story: War sucks. Stop it. ;_;




4. BigBang - Monster


If only they had made this into a movie. I'd choose this over The Avengers in a heartbeat. I've already had a little rant about this one, so I'll shut up.

Moral of the story: I love you. Baby, I'm not a monster. T_T Also, break free from whatever's holding you back, even if there may be nothing for you at the end of the struggle.




5. Dir en grey - [KR]Cube


Last but not least, [KR]Cube! In my opinion, it's one of the best Diru PVs ever. I mean, what's not to like? Kaoru is wearing a bat around his neck. Die is an assassin. Shinya uses the ladies toilets. And Kyo x Toshiya is actually canon (Totchi is called 'The Mistress' xD). 

Moral of the story: Don't make a mess in this club, or management will send Die out to get you.


No comments: