Tuesday 24 April 2012

asakusa, ginza, odaiba.

Night view of Tokyo from Odaiba

These were three locations I had not visited on my previous trips to Japan. Waifu and I went to Ginza mostly to see how many things were out of our reach. I wasn't remorseful about it though - I don't think I have much use for a Hermes scarf that costs even more than my laptop does.







The most novel thing I saw (aside from someone who we suspected to be a Hong Kong mobster from the way he dressed and spoke) was probably the Shiseido chocolaterie/patisserie. The cakes were all so beautiful. They even had chocolates that came in the same shades as their eyeshadows. There was also a Lindt cafe. This time I gave in to my sweet tooth (as usual) and we went in and tried a few things.



What you see in the picture above cost around the same price as that dress I bought at Bodyline. Actually, I wasn't too certain, because Waifu paid for everything. :3
Anyways, I had a mocha and an Opera gateau. My waifu had a vanilla bean macaron, a milk chocolate pudding, and an iced chocolate made with dark chocolate. It was my first time trying an Opera, but the mocha was delicious, as were the iced chocolate and macaron (yes I couldn't stop myself from having a bite), and seriously, that was the yummiest chocolate pudding I've ever tasted. No regrets.




We also spent a day in Odaiba. Originally we planned to spend the morning there and return to Tokyo in the afternoon, however, the weather disagreed with our plan and kept us there. Again, no regrets.

Our first port of call was, of course, the life-sized Gundam.

GUNDAM DAAAAAAAAAAAA D8



We spent the rest of the day shopping in a few of the island's shopping malls. We bought nostalgic snacks (like those chocolate candies packaged to look like pills, and ramune in traditional glass bottles), got a caricature done, and ate at the Takoyaki Museum (basically a food court that only sold takoyaki).



Not to mention, I bought a can of Dragonball Z soda, and Big Bang socks. xDDDD



 I bought all five, because I couldn't decide on one. orz



We didn't get to spend much time in Asakusa. By the time we got there it was evening, and things were beginning to close, but I enjoyed our brief visit. Souvenir shopping proved to be too difficult for me though - there was just so much stuff, my indecisive little brain couldn't handle it. The shrine was a nice tranquil break from it all.

I also managed to catch a glimpse of the Tokyo Sky Tree. Here, you can have a glimpse too. It's mostly a glimpse of sky though:



Souvenir shops

At the shrine. Also, giant lantern with me in the picture for size comparison.



Of course, I couldn't leave without eating something sweet. So we bought some anko-dama and sweet potato youkan to snack on. 
Moral of the story: a well-fed Rhapsody is a happy Rhapsody. :3






Part Zero: Over the Hills and Far Away
Part One: On the Road and in the Sky
Part Two: Yanaka etc.
Part Three: Shibuya, Meiji-jingu, Harajuku
Part Five: Disneyland
Part Six: Akihabara

No comments: