Tuesday 24 April 2012

shibuya, meiji-jingu, harajuku.


Although my waifu is somewhat averse to shopping for girly things, he indulged me and took me shopping in Harajuku and Shibuya. Of course, we also took a quiet walk around Yoyogi park (albeit a very small part of it) and Meiji-jingu.

So. The first time I went to Shibuya I went in the middle of the night on a weekend, and I was supposed to meet someone near Hachiko. Of course, everyone was meeting someone at Hachiko, so it was about as good as not meeting anyone at all. This time I went on a weekday afternoon. I even got to see what Hachiko looks like...




I didn't take many photos in Shibuya. I was too busy browsing the many shops of 109 and 109Mens, mostly for shits and giggles and to see how much stuff I could actually afford. Although I did buy a nice dress at 109, I must admit I preferred more of the clothing I saw at 109Mens. orz




There was also the presence of this billboard, which made me grin like an idiot. Decided not to buy the Japanese version of the Alive album though.





We wandered around Meiji-jingu for a while before heading down to Takeshita-dori in Harajuku. I didn't concern myself with getting fortunes or saying prayers, but the scenery was beautiful. If you're gonna go there though, don't use the toilets. They're not too flash.

 





This was my first time going to Harajuku and not being too embarrassed to buy things in front of my family. I managed to nab quite a few things, which unfortunately did not include the famous Pig Rabbit from the K-drama You're Beautiful.


And talk about good timing - Bodyline was having a sale. I fell in love with the first thing I saw. No seriously, I even walked around the whole shop and compared it with other things, but I was still attached to it. So I stood in line for half an hour to pay for it (though waifu told me he queued up for two hours to buy his iPhone in the past). The dress was 5000yen (75NZD) after a 60% percent discount. Pretty damn good.



^This here's a crappy-quality pic of the dress, until I can arrange a proper photoshoot for it.

Oh! I also went to Laforet and had a frolic around my favourite brands. As usual, everything was far too expensive for me. And Putumayo didn't have a very nice selection of jewelry this time. I wanted pretty much everything I saw in Black Peace Now, Alice and the Pirates and h.Naoto though. But seeing as I couldn't afford everything, I settled for a small bag from h.Naoto instead.






Part Zero: Over the Hills and Far Away
Part One: On the Road and in the Sky
Part Two: Yanaka etc.
Part Four: Asakusa, Ginza, Odaiba
Part Five: Disneyland
Part Six: Akihabara

No comments: